Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play again!

  1. #31
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    As a staunch Hurricane fan, there's no way I can say anything about Vick's actions after watching my boys for many years pulling pretty much the same antics. Just got to roll with the punches.

    "vagina tech"

    Freudian slip there mega?
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    LPD--I feel Coker should be out as HC at Miami, and I was proud signature #124 of a petition asking Coker to step down that was started this past weekend. Hypocrite I'm not. I support the team and it's staff, but I want them to succeed, and the only way success can be cultivated is by the need for change being recognized and proper action taken. I feel the action needed wasn't to fire 4 assistants, but I feel that accountability goes from the top to the bottom. I feel change is needed at the HC position at Miami, and I voiced my opinion as a fan by adding my name to a petition.

    I'm not asking you or other VT fans to change the world pal, just saying if you've got something to say, say it. If not, then don't get upset if they don't take the action you want them to.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    Ok so we are saying that Vick should be gone due to a play in the course of a game. We're downing Va Tech for that.

    Wow, ok so I guess the same people who are so quick to attack Vick or Tech are more than inclined to toss anybody who does that. It's amazing, and I'm not trying to down someone but I think we had a Coeburn player on here tossed last year. He himself said it wasn't on purpose but sadly, he wasn't reinstated. Obviously according to people here, or some of them, he should have been tossed out of school or something. Face it, there isn't a team who doesn't have a few kids who sometimes go to far, there isn't hardly a program who hasn't had a few bad apples or kids who seem to be too full of themselves, and have limited class. That goes on the high school, college or pro level. Let's not make a mountain out of this. Some of you would be the same ones laughing about getting a good extra stick on him at the whistle, or such.

    Its fine that some of you don't like Tech or like Vick. Shoot I'm not overly thrilled with the way he sometimes conducts himself, and if Tech suspends him a game or such for that, no problem but it always amazes me how some see things with their 'respective colored glasses'. I don't condone what he did, but I also don't think its guilty of life without parole as it seems some think.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member JCFORME's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2005
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    I know what you mean, i should have been tossed out of life a few times now.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    ROCK...WHERE DID I SAY TOSS VICK FROM VT'S TEAM????

    Nowhere is where. I said to keep an eye on the situation as a fan. If you agree w/Vick's action and think it was "in the flow of the game", then so be it. Defend his actions then.

    If you do not disagree with his actions on the field (which have been repetitive all year long mind you), and you feel it's an embarassment to the program and to the rest of the players on the team (including Justin Hamilton), then monitor what happens to Vick. If nothing happens to Vick, then he's not getting the punishment he deserves for his actions. He continues to be bigger than the team. I don't know what the punishment needs to be, I'm not here to dole it out. That's up to the AD and coaching staff. But if they take no action, then they've allowed MV2 to get away with another embarrassing thing on the field, and once again reinforced that he's bigger than the team itself. That, if I were a VT fan, would concern me, and I would use my voice as a fan to speak up and say something.

    If you guys don't wanna do that and live in ignorant bliss then fine...go for it. Support the team good & bad...enjoy the good, but expect the consequences for the bad as well, b/c Lord knows Vick probably won't see any consequences.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #36
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    You were the last person in the post...I didn't address your comments directly, I was talking about some of the comments without going into quoting directly. Deep breaths, I said Coeburn is the top team in basketball right now [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    Apologies up front Rock...saw the reply, assumed it was direct to me. I'm a lil edgy tonight from being called an idiot that just came out of the woodshed earlier by a guy with 23 posts [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #38
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    What steams me about this young man is how many chances he has been given.
    Then comes back this year and does the finger deal at WV. Yes a rival but still not condoned.
    Then the hit on a defenseless player laying on the field.

    This young man has been given a reprieve if you will. To let a college start to be turned into a joke, on national television. And a college that is highly thought of for the students it turns out.
    ESPN may of been having some fun. But in reality it hit home to what Marcus Vick is making Tech look like.

    If anything he needs to be put under control.
    The rest of the players nor the school should suffer over his arrogant, self centered and childish attitude.

    I think it's time Tech takes a stand. Either he grows up or he can ride the bench or go to other places where he can help the team other than QB, and if he continues to be TO jr or a Moss.
    Then get rid of him.

    Don't let him ruin a whole team and give a college a bad name for money and a few minutes of listless fame.

    Yeah im still a Tech fan. But i definitely am not a Marcus Vick fan. And have never been.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    The perception that VT has earned for themselves from the national media is not a good one.

    I watched PTI today, Michael Wilbon totally trashed them. He said that Mike was a class act and that his little brother is a punk and that vt was a bunch of thugs that have gotten worse every year but nobody recognized it before because they never won a game after november 1st lol. It made me laugh coming from Wilbon, but thats the perception. It kinda reminds me of when Robert Reynolds choked Sorgi when Ohio State played Wisky a few years back.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Marcus Vick should never be allowed to play ag

    I read this from the quips and quotes section of a magazine a couple of weeks ago:

    When FSU coach Bobby Bowden was if he thought discipline was the most important ingredient to success in college football, he said "No, if that was the case Army and Navy would be playing for the National Championship each year."

    I thought that was funny.


    Nearly all college football teams have their share of thugs, it doesn't really matter what the team is. Some just seem to have more than others. Many of today's athletes are too free-spirited and are not going to attend school where the discipline suffocates them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •